Wednesday, September 29, 2010

am I evil

yes I am...(song continues to play)

I really, really, really, really want to buy cloth diapers for two of my friends that are having babies.  One is completely anti-cloth and the other one probably just doesn't know much about them.  I think the one who is anti-cloth would be upset with me and would want to return them right away without giving them a shot.  I just am so pro-cloth and a wee bit fanatical about them. 

I know I have heard the one anti-cloth friend say that my daughter stinks when she is in a cloth diaper.  So, yeah, that was my fault.  I haven't been doing a great job at getting the stink out of the diapers lately.  It is more lazy momma than anything else.  I did one really sanitizing load and it cured the stink.  So, really that stink factor should be nill.  But, stink does happen even to the best of us cloth diapering mommas.  Now the only stink factor is poop.  Which whoo boy!  poop happens.

Another anti-cloth sentiment is that she has read it causes more stress on the wash machine.  Part of me says well... maybe.  But, do you put jeans in your laundry with the rivets and the zippers and the heavy duty jean material?  I think so.  And jeans are so heavy and they are hard on clothes... which reminds me that you are supposed to wash jeans separately than other clothes because it will damage the clothing fibers over time.  So, I don't think my wash machine will be any less fantastic or be shorter lived because I do a load of diapers every night for a couple of years.  Actually, I think you are supposed to use wash machines.

I am debating about just asking anti-cloth friend if she would use them if I got them for her.  Granted, she may not want to hurt my feelings but it could be worth asking.  Otherwise I will just buy them for her and if she wants to return them... so be it.  Then the second part of the decision... maybe the hardest... which one to buy?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment