Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a year gone by

My baby turned 1 yesterday.  I am in awe of how time flies and how much I am ill prepared.  I don't have any birthday celebration planned for today for our family.   I am feeling happy that I enjoyed the past year as much as I could and sad that I didn't write more daily about my little girl.  How much love we have for her and how much she has challenged us.

Things about Natalie:
  - She's a fighter.  She didn't take to the bottle for two months when I went back to work.  She is stubborn and willfull. But, it was good when she had RSV and her fighting attitude was so good to see even at 5 months old.
- She's a happy girl.  She often has a smile on her face and melts hearts wherever she goes.  Daddy often takes her to the grocery store and most people can't help but stop and flirt with her.
-She loves music.  Loves, loves, loves music.  She will stop and dance (shake her booty) or clap her hands when we turn on any number of tunes.

-She is a light sleeper... and still doesn't sleep through the night.  I personally blame the not sleeping through the night on the no bottle taking during the day and waiting to stock up when I was home during evening and the night.
-She liked to fall asleep snuggled up under my armpit when she was in our bed.  Then when she slept in her crib, before I put her down she would pull my head to her cheek so we were cheek-to-cheek while I would rock her.
-She has 4 teeth but they didn't come in all at once.
-She hasn't fully mastered walking on her own but is getting braver at it by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment